- Cut the steams off of patty pans and then split them in half from top to bottom.
- Heat a large skillet with the olive over medium high heat and bring to nearly smoking point.
Add the patty pans and sauté for 1-2 minutes, you want to achieve some caramelization on the sides. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Add the onions and garlic, season with a pinch of salt and continue to sauté for 3-5 minutes; just until the patty pans begin to soften and the onions begin to become slightly translucent.
- Once the patty pans are al dente, toss in the cilantro, lime juice, chipotle and cumin season further with some salt and pepper and then remover from the heat.
- Place the patty pans on a large plate or platter, top with crumbled feta and toasted pepitas.