Al’s Char Broiled Salsa
- 4 Roma Tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- ½ Red Onion, sliced into 1” discs
- 2 Poblano Peppers
- 1 Jalapeno
- 2 Limes, juice
- ½ bunch Cilantro, roughly chopped
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Toss the peppers, onion, and tomatoes in olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Charbroil the oil coated vegetables:
- The tomatoes until just tender, about 5 minutes
- The onions until soft through, 5-10 minutes
- The peppers until charred all around.
- Once the peppers are charred, wrap or seal in a container to steam them, making it easier to peel.
- Medium dice the onion, Roma tomatoes and mix with the peppers.
- Peel and remove the seeds of the peppers, then medium dice.
- Toss the vegetables with the lime juice, cilantro and season with salt and pepper.
- Taste the salsa and adjust the seasoning according.