John’s Squash & Bacon Cream Sauce
Recipe courtesy of Chef John Murray, Red Lion Smokehouse
In our September 2021 video (watch it here!) Chef John Murray makes this rich, yet fresh-tasting cream sauce with smoky bacon, julienned zucchini and cubed winter squash to serve over his Smoked Squash Gnocchi.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 small white onion
- 1 1/2 cup julienned summer squash
- 1 1/2 cup diced (1/2″ – 1/4″) winter squash
- 1/2 Lbs uncooked bacon
- white wine to de-glaze
- heavy cream
- Sautee your onions and garlic until translucent.
- Cut bacon into fine strips and add to your sauteed onions & garlic.
- Add julienned summer squash and cubed winter squash and simmer until bacon begins to brown.
- De-glaze with wine and cover with cream.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve over John’s Smoked Squash Gnocchi!