Derek’s Grilled Vegetable Salad
- Combine apple cider vinegar with a couple of cranks of salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Whisk in the olive oil vigorously, incorporating as much air as possible.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes and slice the cucumber into 1/4″ half-moons. Toss with dressing to coat.
- Slice onions into rings, and beets into coins. Toss with a little olive oil.
- Grill onions over high heat until they start to turn translucent. Keep an eye as they can burn.
- If possible, turn off one burner on your barbecue and grill beets over indirect heat – on the cooler side of your barbecue, above the burner you turned off. Turn both onions and beets once to grill both sides evenly and remove from heat when fully cooked.
- Toss beets and onions together with tomatoes and cucumbers; add arugula. Toss again, add dressing to taste.
- Crumble feta overtop.
- Try it with Derek’s Marinated Flank Steak sliced overtop!
Watch Derek make this in our June 2022 video!
More Seasonal Recipes
A "gateway recipe" for anyone new to cooking or eating lamb. This is a great way to try cooking lamb for the first time as it's done on the bbq, so if you don't enjoy the fragrance you've kept it outside your home. It's also a great way to introduce someone to lamb...
A great way to use up your stored garlic in the spring! Ingredients: up to 12 heads of garlic olive oil 2 muffin trays Method: Trim the tops and necks off your garlic bulbs. Place each bulb in a muffin cup and drizzle a small amount of olive oil in the centre of each...
More Great Recipes In June on tbayInSeason, Derek Lankinen from Beefcake's Burger Factory goes a little off-book to demonstrate how to marinate and grill a flank steak, which is a very lean and flavourful cut. Cooked to...