Derek’s Grilled Flank Steak with White-Out Roasted Garlic Marinade
Marinate this lean and flavourful steak the night before and then grill it together with your salad vegetables! Slice thin and serve over your salad portion, warm or cold. Recipe courtesy of Derek Lankinen, Beefcake’s Burger Factory.
- 4 heads roasted garlic
- tall can of White Out Lager from Sleeping Giant Brewing Co
- 1 flank steak
- In a bowl, smash the roasted garlic against the steak and work it in a little.
- Add your can of White Out Lager.
- Let marinate in the fridge overnight/next day.
- Starting with a clean, hot grill, lay your steak on at 45 degrees to your bars. Reduce the heat to medium-high and salt your steak generously on the exposed side. Turn 90 degrees after about 2 minutes to get nice grill marks. Flip after 4 – 6 minutes and repeat your trick with the grill marks; you’re aiming to cook your steak to about medium. It should be juicy and pink in the middle when sliced.
- Let your steak rest for a few minutes while you prepare the rest of your dinner, and slice just before serving. Be sure to slice across the grain of the steak to make sure your slices are tender.
- Serve warm or cold; try it over a Derek’s Grilled Vegetable Salad!
Watch Derek make this in our June 2022 video!
More Seasonal Recipes
A "gateway recipe" for anyone new to cooking or eating lamb. This is a great way to try cooking lamb for the first time as it's done on the bbq, so if you don't enjoy the fragrance you've kept it outside your home. It's also a great way to introduce someone to lamb...
A great way to use up your stored garlic in the spring! Ingredients: up to 12 heads of garlic olive oil 2 muffin trays Method: Trim the tops and necks off your garlic bulbs. Place each bulb in a muffin cup and drizzle a small amount of olive oil in the centre of each...
More Great Recipes In June on tbayInSeason, Derek Lankinen from Beefcake's Burger Factory goes a little off-book to demonstrate how to marinate and grill a flank steak, which is a very lean and flavourful cut. Cooked to...