In our March 2022 show, chef Markus Hofmann from Rose Valley Lodge & Restaurant prepares these potatoes as a side dish to Pork Tenderloin Calvados along with Carrots à la Markus and Stewed Cucumbers.
- 6 med. red potatoes (peeled and sliced)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- ~ 2 C. heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Manchego cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large pot place potatoes with salt, pepper, nutmeg, and garlic.
- Add whipping cream until barely covered and boil over med. heat until potatoes are almost cooked.
- Remove from the heat, add grated cheese and mix well (until cheese is melted within the mixture).
- Transfer to oven-proof casserole dish and bake in the oven until the top is golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Watch Markus & Deborah make this in our March 2022 video!
More Seasonal Recipes
Easy Roasted Garlic
A great way to use up your stored garlic in the spring! Ingredients: up to 12 heads of garlic olive oil 2 muffin trays Method: Trim the tops and necks off your garlic bulbs. Place each bulb in a muffin cup and drizzle a small amount of olive oil in the centre of each...
What’s In Season Episode 11: Lamb Burgers with Tzaziki and Grilled Radish & White Bean Salad
More Great Recipes This month on tbayInSeason, chef Chris Groenheide gets us in the grilling mood with beautifully dressed spring lamb burgers, a delicious sauce you can use on the burgers and about 100 other things, and...
What’s In Season Episode 10: Seared Trout, Hollandaise, Warm Potato Salad, Spring Greens with Feta, White Balsamic & Honey Vinaigrette
More Great Recipes This month, chef Rhonda Bill takes us on a taste adventure that combines winter and spring with three recipes we saw her whip up with under an hour's work. Seared Lake Trout with Hollandaise Sauce:...