- Balsamic Herb Lamb Pops
- Easy Roasted Garlic
- What’s In Season Episode 12: Grilled Marinated Flank Steak with Grilled Vegetable Salad
- Derek’s Grilled Vegetable Salad
- Derek’s Grilled Flank Steak with White-Out Roasted Garlic Marinade
- What’s In Season Episode 11: Lamb Burgers with Tzaziki and Grilled Radish & White Bean Salad
What’s In Season Episode 10: Seared Trout, Hollandaise, Warm Potato Salad, Spring Greens with Feta, White Balsamic & Honey Vinaigrette
This month, chef Rhonda Bill takes us on a taste adventure that combines winter and spring with three recipes we saw her whip up with under an hour’s work.
Seared Lake Trout with Hollandaise Sauce: sweet-fleshed fish pulled from icy northern waters paired with creamy Hollandaise sauce made with local eggs and butter.
Roasted Potato & Arugula Salad with Bacon: tender roasted potatoes, crisp bacon & spicy wilted greens from local farms.
Spring Greens with Feta: some of our much-missed favourite greenhouse produce is back in season this month, and it all pairs so well with sheep’s feta!
Buckwheat Honey & White Balsamic Vinaigrette: used on both the potato salad and the greens salad to tie the whole meal together, this is a staple recipe you’ll use over and over again.
Featuring so many local ingredients:
- Jodi’s Select* Greens mix from Belluz Farms
- baby arugula from Pitch Creek Farm
- mixed cherry tomatoes* and mini cucumbers from DeBruin’s Greenhouses
- sheep’s feta from Walkabout Farm
- Buckwheat Honey from Bear’s Bees & Honey
- trout from Eat the Fish
- canola oil from Brule Creek Farms
- eggs from Tarrymore Farm
- butter from Slate River Dairy
* available later this month
More Seasonal Recipes
A great way to use up your stored garlic in the spring! Ingredients: up to 12 heads of garlic olive oil 2 muffin trays Method: Trim the tops and necks off your garlic bulbs. Place each bulb in a muffin cup and drizzle a small amount of olive oil in the centre of each...
Rhonda’s simple and delicious trout, as seen in our April show!
as seen in our April show!