More Great Recipes
- Balsamic Herb Lamb Pops
- Easy Roasted Garlic
- What’s In Season Episode 12: Grilled Marinated Flank Steak with Grilled Vegetable Salad
- Derek’s Grilled Vegetable Salad
- Derek’s Grilled Flank Steak with White-Out Roasted Garlic Marinade
- What’s In Season Episode 11: Lamb Burgers with Tzaziki and Grilled Radish & White Bean Salad
What’s In Season Episode 7: 3 Vegetarian Recipes with Storage Vegetables
Jodi Belluz of Belluz Farms presents three amazing and deceptively simple dishes made with local storage vegetables and dairy products available in January in Thunder Bay.
In this show you’ll learn how to combine seasoned roasted vegetables with prepared grains and legumes, and prepare different toppings to finish out each dish.
- Roasted Beets & Lentils With “Caramelized” Onions, Dill & Marinated Feta
- Roasted Carrots & Quinoa With Honey, Cumin & Tahini Yogurt
- Roasted Winter Squash Wedges With Garlic-Chili-Lime Vinaigrette & White Beans
These versatile dishes can be prepared singly or together, in advance or in time for dinner, and can be refrigerated in their component pieces for easy assembly in lunches!
- carrots from Belluz Farms
- beets and garlic from Sleepy G Farm
- winter squash from Root Cellar Gardens
- sheep’s milk feta from Walkabout Farms
- yogurt from Slate River Dairy
- canola oil from Brule Creek Farms
More Seasonal Recipes
Easy Roasted Garlic
A great way to use up your stored garlic in the spring! Ingredients: up to 12 heads of garlic olive oil 2 muffin trays Method: Trim the tops and necks off your garlic bulbs. Place each bulb in a muffin cup and drizzle a small amount of olive oil in the centre of each...
Carrots à la Markus
Lock the local flavour right in with Markus' method of cooking carrots. In our March 2022 show, chef Markus Hofmann from Rose Valley Lodge & Restaurant prepares these carrots as a side dish to Pork Tenderloin Calvados along with Scalloped Potatoes and Stewed...
In our March 2022 show, chef Markus Hofmann from Rose Valley Lodge & Restaurant prepares these potatoes as a side dish to Pork Tenderloin Calvados along with Carrots à la Markus and Stewed Cucumbers.Ingredients: 6 med. red potatoes (peeled and sliced) 1 tsp salt...