More August Recipes
- Balsamic Herb Lamb Pops
- Easy Roasted Garlic
- What’s In Season Episode 12: Grilled Marinated Flank Steak with Grilled Vegetable Salad
- Derek’s Grilled Vegetable Salad
- Derek’s Grilled Flank Steak with White-Out Roasted Garlic Marinade
- What’s In Season Episode 11: Lamb Burgers with Tzaziki and Grilled Radish & White Bean Salad
- Grilled Radish, White Bean & Walnut Salad
- Chris’ Lamb Burgers
- Chris’ Tzatziki Sauce
- What’s In Season Episode 10: Seared Trout, Hollandaise, Warm Potato Salad, Spring Greens with Feta, White Balsamic & Honey Vinaigrette
What’s In Season Ep. 2 – August: Tacos “Al’s Pastor,” Charred Salsa & Calabacitas with Al Rebelo
This month, Chef Allan Rebelo from El Tres and Bight Restaurant shows you how to cook up a family-style fiesta meal of Tacos “Al’s Pastor” with Char-Broiled Salsa and Calabacitas.
This meal is best prepared over two days so the meat marinates overnight and has lots of time to soak up the complex flavours.
Based on the flavours of spit-grilled Mexican pork “al pastor,” “Al’s Pastor” calls for a sliced and marinated pork shoulder roast grilled over medium heat and then sliced into thin strips to fill tortillas. Enjoy it with fresh local veggies like sweet peppers, jalapenos, fresh red onions, pattypan squash and more as we celebrate local ingredients in season in August!
Get the Recipes Here
Balsamic Herb Lamb Pops
A "gateway recipe" for anyone new to cooking or eating lamb. This is a great way to try cooking lamb for the first time as it's done on the bbq, so if you don't enjoy the fragrance you've kept it outside your home. It's also a great way to introduce someone to lamb...
Easy Roasted Garlic
A great way to use up your stored garlic in the spring! Ingredients: up to 12 heads of garlic olive oil 2 muffin trays Method: Trim the tops and necks off your garlic bulbs. Place each bulb in a muffin cup and drizzle a small amount of olive oil in the centre of each...
What’s In Season Episode 12: Grilled Marinated Flank Steak with Grilled Vegetable Salad
More Great Recipes In June on tbayInSeason, Derek Lankinen from Beefcake's Burger Factory goes a little off-book to demonstrate how to marinate and grill a flank steak, which is a very lean and flavourful cut. Cooked to...